Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Fashion Jewelry Making

I officially started making fashion jewelries around June 2009. I was window shopping for a Lucky Charm or Feng Shui Bracelet, when I came upon a small kiosk that sells these items. The owner was so nice and chatty. She mentioned about her recent basic jewelry making seminar as part of the mall's summer activities. I asked if she also sell basic supplies like the headpins, eyepins, earhooks, nylon and beads. She does! So, I ended up buying some supplies, beads, crystals and semi-precious stones. She also gave me some design ideas, tips and advises.

I already got the basic tools at home and I know the basic techniques. The sales clerk where I bought my tools before taught me how to use them, like making a loop using the round nose pliers. I bought those pliers when I tried my hand on making a bracelet with swarovski crystals. The bracelet was a success, but I haven't made anything again for more than a year.

Right now, whenever I don't have anything to do, I make some earrings and bracelets. I have sold a few, gave some as gifts and make personal ones for myself. I made a multiply account for my fashion jewelries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!