Monday, June 14, 2010

Momilies & More Momilies

Momilies & More Momilies As My Mother Used to Say by Michele Slung

I recently bought this book at a booksale for a good price of P20.00! Not only is the price good, but the book itself is really a good one. I enjoyed reading it to myself, as well as, I had fun reading it to my three grade school nieces. They too liked it!

The book is a compilation of phrases and anecdotes that were spoken by mothers. Some are serious and some are quite funny... and you really have to read between the lines to get what they mean.

Some of the phrases that I like are:

"Don't cross your eyes or they'll freeze."
"If a thing is worth doing, it's worth doing well."
"Be careful what you wish for, you might get it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!