Thursday, September 15, 2011

Framed Vintage Postcards

I have been blog hopping from different blog link parties this week and I have seen so many beautiful craft projects that I am inspired to do. I am so happy that I have seen a lot of ideas about decorating a wall or walls with framed printable pictures. Our walls are practically bare, there are only two framed artworks in our living room and two little frames in our kitchen. Admittedly, it was really boring! Last month, I made a Desiderata frame and since then, I am obssessing to add more framed items in our walls. Then, I saw a lot of wall gallery projects and there was one who framed vintage postcards. I also have some vintage postcards and I have always thought of framing them. Well, I guess, a lot of inspiration and a little push were just what I needed to finally have them in frames and up in those bare walls for others to also see and enjoy. Being vintage made them more interesting and the prints, as well as the captions also evoke a hint of humor! Here they are!

When I saw these red frames from a thrift shop yesterday, I knew the cards would fit perfectly. The Dutch Kid Comic and the one that says "Ripping day..." would be in our living room and the other one with the hotdog stand would be hang in our kitchen (since it has something to do with food). And I would love a red frame in our kitchen to spice up the room!



Linking to the following blog parties:
Katie's Nesting Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!