Saturday, July 24, 2010

Altered Matchbox

It's been another busy crafting week! I have signed up for a few swaps in swap-bot and most of it are altered matchboxes where I have to decorate a 32ct empty matchbox and fill it with goodies related to the given theme. It seems easy but it also takes a lot of effort because you really have to think of your design and make it extra special so that your swap partner will like it. But it's really a lot of fun and when I finished the matchbox, there was a great sense of fulfillment! It is also a very good recycling project. The boxes can be a pretty storage and organizer for brads, button, eyelets and other tiny stuffs. It can be a gift box for earrings, bracelets and brooches.

It was just a little difficult to package them in a regular envelope. The ready made envelope with plastic bubble wrap would be nice but it was a little bit expensive. What I did was, make a little plastic bubble wrap envelope and placed the matchbox inside then put it in a sturdy brown envelope. Crossing my fingers that they will arrive to my partners undamaged! I also made some handmade bookmarks as extra presents. I shipped them today and I hope my swap partners will like them!



This week, I am really into making bookmarks. Aside from the bookmark presents for my swap partners, I also made some for my three nieces.


Happily linking to these parties!
Scrappy Saturdays
http://www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com//
Motivate Me Monday
Saturday Soiree

4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful bookmarks. I really like little boxes filled with fun surprises. Sounds like a great idea for a swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and fun! The star one is my favorite. Featuring your project tomorrow. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all!

    I'm so happy that my altered matchbox project was featured in Scrappy Gifts! Thank you soooo much!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!