Monday, January 16, 2017

The Year That Was!

Happy new year! Here's wishing everybody a prosperous and blessed year ahead!

I've been itching to write something as the year 2016 was coming to an end. So, why did'nt I? It's not that I was busy or I don't have anything to write about. I guess, I just did'nt get into opening my blog. And when I did, I was kinda surprised that I haven't even written a single thing the whole year!

So, I am thinking, my first blog for the year would be a recap of my 2016.

Here it goes or shall I say here it went...

- Started to like and collect cactus and succulents again.

- Missed Maricris' wedding at Ilo-ilo. Felt guilty for she has invited me more than a couple of times long before the wedding date!

- Met up with Net-net, Ghela and Mamang in Manila for the summer.

- Brought Mamang to our little house in the valley - June/July 2016. Enjoyed having her at home. We didn't fight at all! Wished she could have stayed longer though. Brought her back to Bacolod and stayed for only 2 weeks.

- We celebrated my mother-in-law's 80th birthday at Island Cove. They spent so much money on the accommodations or the package, as they refer to it, but I think it was'nt worth it. The food was plated and it looks so pathetic and embarassing in the pictures and it was posted in facebook! The room accommodations was okay but my "I don't know what's with her" sister-in-law lowered the ac temp that I was'nt able to enjoy the very nice comforter! We just wasted money buy not having the opportunity to stay & sleep in an ac room the whole night! So much for staying in a 5 star resort-hotel!

- Started destashing and selling my craft supplies and they were sold like hotcakes! So, I'm thinking of selling craft supplies.

- Applied for business permit for my beads and clothes online biz.

- Typhoon Lawin devastated the province. It was very scary! You'd think a tornado was just above the roof and that it will carry the house away! I even thought of lying flat on the floor! It felt like the two big trees in front will be uprooted and will fall on the house. It was also the longest typhoon I have experienced! It felt like the morning will never come! I even asked if the sun will still shine! But it did and it was magnificent! It really does look like hope! I was thankful that no major damage happen to me and our little house. Power was cut off for almost a month and a half. After a week of having no power and no water, I decided to go to Manila.

- Two weeks before Christmas, power was back. I really wanted to go home then but decided not to since I was expected to be back in Manila to spend Christmas until New Year there.

So, there goes my 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!